24 February 2013

Border-Gavaskar Trophy

---



My first 'Live' experience of the Border-Gavaskar Trophy was on 19th March 1998 at obviously Eden Gardens. I was 16 years old. The second day of the Test match was spent watching Navjot Sidhu and V.V.S. Laxman getting out in the 90's. I was so disappointed as I was almost praying hard for them to get their centuries. Even after I came back home, I was still very sad that the Openers couldn't reach the three-figure mark. One batsman getting out in the nervous-nineties is still acceptable but both the Openers failing to reach that magic-mark is something of the proportions of a Greek-Tragedy.




My second 'Live' experience of the Border-Gavaskar Trophy was on 12th March 2001 at obviously the Garden of Eden. I was 19 years old. Again the second day was saddening for me. The only highlight was watching Steve Waugh, whom I love and respect the most among all Australians, complete his century. Again I had come back home with a heavy heart that day. India looked like swallowing an Innings-defeat. At the end of Day 2, even Dravid and Laxman couldn't have predicted the outcome of that historic match.




And in the present series, it is so nice to see V.V.S. Laxman and Shane Warne together in the commentary team...


---

No comments:

Post a Comment