12 April 2013

Sadness

---




Sadness could mean different things to different people. For example, for me, Sadness is when Someone-Special gives me a phone-call ten times per day and then suddenly stops calling me for the next ten years. And I have actually waited for that one phone-call every single day and night in the last decade. 

Certain music/songs have always engulfed me in a blanket of Sadness. Here are the first ten that comes to my mind right now. 


"Ki Paini Tari Hisab Milatey" by Rabindranath Tagore.

"Sararaat Jwolechhey" by Kabir Suman.

"Maa" by James. 

"Chaitrer Kafan" by Mohiner Ghoraguli. 

"Emoni Borosha Chhilo Sedin" by Firoza Begum. 

"Tumi Aaj Koto Durey" by Jagonmoy Mitra. 

"Jaane Kahan Gaye Wo Din" by Mukesh. 

"Can't You See" by Allman Brothers' Band. 

 "In the Ghetto" by Elvis Presley.

The theme-music and the song "Everybody's Talking" and especially the music in the last scene of MIDNIGHT COWBOY. 

And lastly if I am allowed one more to add then it would definitely be Charlie Chaplin's LIMELIGHT theme music and the last scene of that masterpiece... 





---

No comments:

Post a Comment