16 May 2016

Iss Jahaan Ki Nahin Hain Tumhari Aankhein

---






This is an imaginary story about a man who meets a girl on Facebook and falls for her. Any resemblance to any person living or dead is purely coincidental. 


Rahul first saw Aankhi on Facebook and immediately fell for her eyes. He has never seen such beautiful eyes in any woman. Rahul just kept on looking at her eyes. He saved all her pics in a folder on his laptop and cropped them in such a way that only the eyes remained visible. Her eyes simply mesmerized him. He stared at her eyes for hours. He liked all her pics on Facebook and commented on them. She really had magnificent eyes. He also made her best picture as his laptop wallpaper and also his phone wallpaper.

He immediately sent her a friend request. But she didn't accept it. She kept it pending. Every day Rahul would check whether she had accepted it or not. Every day he would be disappointed. Then one day, after almost a month, she suddenly accepted his friend request. He became the happiest man in this world instantly. He immediately messaged her and thanked her for accepting his friend request. Here's how their messages went back and forth:


Hi, thanks for accepting my friend request.

Welcome.

I must tell you one thing. You really have very beautiful eyes.

Ha Ha Ha. I know that. Every boy keeps telling me this.

Hmmmmm... I can understand... You must have a lot of admirers?

Yeah... I do...

Do you have any secret admirer?

Well... No, I guess... They are all pretty straightforward. 

Well, I must tell you one more thing. The first time I saw your eyes, I immediately remembered the song - Iss Jahaan Ki Nahin Hain Tumhari Aankhein, from the film King Uncle. I went to Youtube and kept on watching that song. 

Ha Ha Ha. I loved that song when I was a child. Used to watch it in Chitrahaars. And I am a huge fan of Shah Rukh Khan. 

Ok... Have you seen 'Fan'?

Yeah... Ofcourse... I saw it on the first day itself... Have you seen it?

No, I haven't... I am not a SRK-ian. I am a Hrithik Roshan-ian... 

Ha Ha Ha... Nice one...

Do you have any Darr-type psycho secret admirer?

I hope not... Don't want one...

May be I am your psycho secret admirer...

Ha Ha Ha...


Like this, Rahul and Aankhi started chatting almost daily. She felt day by day that he was falling in love with her. They exchanged their phone numbers. Rahul would always start his day by messaging her Good Morning and end his day by messaging her Good Night. They became the best of friends. They shared almost all their secrets. Rahul told her about all his ex-girlfriends and heart-breaks and heart-aches. She told him that she never had a boyfriend though a lot of boys had proposed to her. She told him that almost every week a new boy proposes to her over Facebook or in person. 

Now Rahul wanted to meet her. He told her that he wanted to tell her something very important. She agreed. Usually Rahul meets girls at Au Bon Pain at Park Street but since Aankhi stayed near Lake Road therefore they decided to meet at Lake Road CCD. Rahul has many fond memories at this CCD. This place had opened up almost a decade back. In those days one could enjoy a hookah sitting outside. However later the hookah was banned there. Rahul has spent many lazy Saturday and Sunday afternoons and evenings there. There was a time when he knew each and every waiter there by name. In those days there also used to be a Jukebox inside. One had to buy five rupee coupons to play songs in that Jukebox. Recently the place also had a makeover. Rahul didn't like the new set-up. He preferred the old look. 

Anyways one saturday evening Rahul and Aankhi met at Lake Road CCD. On Saturdays he has an half day in Office. So from Office he came back home, took a shower again, trimmed his nose hair, put on his Old Spice scent and went to Lake Road CCD. Aankhi was already waiting for him. They ordered cappuccinos with chicken sandwiches. He showed her his phone wallpaper and she sweetly smiled at him. Rahul spoke first. Here's how their conversation went:


First of all, let me apologize for being late.

Arrey Baba, its Ok... You are only late by ten minutes. I can understand. You needed time to deck up to impress me.

Ha Ha Ha... You can read my mind...

I love your cologne. Isn't it Old Spice?

Yup...

So what is that important thing which you wanted to tell me?

Well... Ummmmmm...

Well, before you say anything, I need to tell you something. You need to know this. I am a lesbian.

What?


You heard it right... I am a confirmed lesbian...

Ahem... Are you sure?

Hundred percent... Therefore there is absolutely no chance of anything romantic blossoming between us.

Okay...


We can only remain as friends. 


Sure. But are you exclusively a lesbian or are you also bi-sexual?


No. No bisexuality for me. I hate men.


What? Really?


Well, I don't hate men that way. Its just that I don't want to get into any sexual relationships with men. 


Well we can have a platonic relationship...


I hate the word platonic. Nothing is platonic. Its all physical and sexual.


Hmmmm... Okay...

Anyways lets talk about other things...


Well, I'll be honest. I really wanted to propose to you today evening. But now I guess...

Come on Yaar... Lets just be good friends... Don't worry. I will look for a good and sweet girl for you.

Well... Thanks...

My pleasure Dear...

Hey, there is this new rooftop lounge called Whats-Up which has opened up recently at Southern Avenue. We should go there some day and hang out. And they have hookah there. I love hookah...

Sure... Sounds interesting...

I went there last week with a friend of mine. She just loved that place. Its damn cool and its really awesome... You are gonna love that joint...

Sure... Really sounds interesting...


Rahul and Aankhi continued chatting about various topics under the sun. But Rahul had already lost interest in these conversations. His eyes wandered off towards other good looking girls inside CCD. Aankhi noticed it and winked at him. She was indeed a very sweet and friendly girl. And Rahul was damn lucky to have a good friend like her. After an hour or so, they both left Lake Road CCD and they walked together towards Aankhi's house. Once she entered her house, Rahul again came back to the CCD. He sat there alone and had another cup of coffee. He put on his ear-phones and listened to the song Iss Jahaan Ki Nahin Hain Tumhari Aankhein on his mobile...







---

No comments:

Post a Comment