14 February 2017

12th February 2017 (Sunday)

---






My Dear Blog,

Today morning I woke up and started watching Rangoli on Doordarshan in half-sleepy eyes. Loved watching the song "Yeh Zindagi Usiki Hai" from the 1953 film Anarkali. Loved these lines:


Dhadak Raha Hai Dil Toh Kya
Yeh Dil Ke Dhadkanein Naa Geen 
Phir Kahaan Yeh Fursaatein
Phir Kahaan Yeh Raat Deen...


After Rangoli, I started watching the India-Bangladesh Test Match. It is such a strange thing that only this year Bangladesh was allowed to come to India to play a Test Match after acquiring Test status way back in the year 2000. They took seventeen years to cross the border and come here to play a Test. This is simply ridiculous. Strange are the ways of ICC and BCCI! First of all, when Bangladesh was given the Test status, the whole thing was shrouded in controversy and mystery. Whether they truly deserved it or not at that time is still questionable even to this day. Anyways, once you are generous enough to give Test status to a nation, then ICC must help that nation by making it play more Test matches against stronger teams, not keeping in mind the economic viability and sell-ability of those matches. But I guess, BCCI, under the previous management, was only interested in money and not about the overall development and globalisation of Cricket.

I got really angry at Virat Kohli because he did not impose the follow-on. There is an unique kind of heavenly pleasure in enforcing the follow-on. There is an unique kind of heavenly pleasure in giving an innings-defeat to your opponent. Really felt sad because Virat Kohli did not have the balls to impose the follow-on against a weak team like Bangladesh, that too on his own country.

Anyways, around 3 p.m. I went to Jadavpur 8B to meet the one and only Moushumi Bhowmik. I bought her latest album "Songs From 26H" from her. She has just released this album only yesterday after a gap of almost fifteen years. And she was also kind enough to give me her autograph. Came back home around 4 p.m.

Yesterday I did not know about this Album launch. Only came to know about it today morning. If I had known about it yesterday then I would have certainly gone to Jadavpur University to attend the launch. Really felt angry and depressed over my bad luck. So much bullshit comes up daily on my FB feed and this important piece of information somehow did not show up there. I really cursed my luck very badly. I met Moushumi Bhowmik at this year's Baul Fakir Utsav and there she told me that she would soon launch her latest Album after fifteen years. I was really looking forward to the launch. But I guess, attending the launch-event was not there in my destiny!

From 4:30 p.m. I started watching the football derby between Mohun Bagan and East Bengal. The match ended in a dull goalless draw. I was really disappointed by this result. I really wanted Mohun Bagan to win today. But, I guess, sometimes in life, no matter how badly you want to win, you just simply have to settle for a draw!

Anyways, after the match I went to meet a friend at our Lake Gardens CCD. Had a lovely adda with her. Came back home, had my dinner, switched off my mobile phone, logged off from Facebook and started listening to Moushumi di's album on a continuous loop. The songs are really unique in their own way. The lyrics are heart-touching. The music is hauntingly beautiful. I am truly, madly, deeply, hopelessly and helplessly in love with her golden voice. I love most of her songs. Only a few days back I was listening to her song "Ekhon Kichui Ojaana Nei" from her album "Amar Kichu Kotha Chhilo". Loved the lines:


Aamra Ekhon Jeney Gechhi
Kotha Bolaar Dhoron-Dhaaron
Kon Gachhey Kon Shaar Lagaabo
Kon Foshol Ta Tolaa Baaron...


In her latest album, I really love the songs "Tori Jonnyo", "Pakhir Danay Urey" and "Majhi". In the song "Majhi", I really love the lines: 


Maya Chhara Aar Toh Kichui Nai
Bhasa Doba Sob Ekakar
Bandha Porey Jai... 


Profound Lines! I have made these lines my Whatsapp Status Message. This song is prefaced with an old folk song credited to Idong Shah of Sylhet. The Oud played by Satyaki Banerjee is simply mesmerizing. In the song "Tori Jonnyo", I really love these lines:


Tokei Dichhi Jolchhopchhop Bheja Juto
School-ey Naa Jabar Amar Purono Sei Chhuto
Amar Golpo-boiyer Molat-Pata Khuley
Tori Jonnyo Shobdo-Gondho Rakhi Tuley...


In the song "Pakhir Danay Urey", I really love these lines:


Tomar Konthhey Baajey
Aamar Bisaadsur
Kakey Feley Eshey Aami
Jabo Bolo Koto Dur...


The first Track of this Album is "Jibon Jokhon Shukaye Jai" written by Rabindranath Tagore and the seventh Track is "Probhatey Jarey" written by Atulprasad Sen. This Track holds clips from a listener's recording made by Abhijit Das on his mobile phone of a broadcast on All India Radio, Guwahati on 24th February 2016. It has a clip of the late Bela Choudhury of Shillong singing a tarana in Raag Bageshri. This was a replay of an old AIR recording, the date of which is unknown. I got this information from the accompanying booklet which comes with the Album.

I however did not like the inclusion of the above two Tracks in the Album. Instead of these two songs, I would have personally preferred two of her own original compositions in this Album. Anyways, I kept on listening to this Album on a continuous loop till around 2 a.m. and then I went to sleep...

Good Night,
With Love, Kisses, Moonbeams and Rainbows,
Raj Gaurav Debnath




                   


---

No comments:

Post a Comment