6 February 2017

5th February 2017 (Sunday)

---





My Dear Blog,

Today morning I woke up late. Missed watching Rangoli on Doordarshan. Took a shower, had my lunch and then around 1 p.m. I went to the Book Fair. Spent the entire day at Milan Mela Prangan. Today was the last day of the Book Fair. I was a bit sad and it felt like Doshomi on Durga Puja!

Met up with many friends. Had a great day at the Book Fair. Visited many book stalls. Went to the Amar Chitra Katha stall. They were selling the entire collection of Amar Chitra Katha comics for around rupees thirteen thousand only, after discount. They were also accepting card. I was not carrying so much money but I had my SBI Debit Card with me. In my heart I really wanted to buy it. Since childhood I always wanted to possess the entire collection of Amar Chitra Katha. But my head forcibly told my stupid heart that it would not be a wise decision to spend so much money on comics!

In the evening I again had an awesome adda at the Little Magazine Pavilion with my friends. One friend came with his new wife. Another friend came with his second wife. Another friend came with her second husband. Another friend came with her live-in partner. Another friend in our group was standing there on the verge of divorce! This year I really want to get married. Hopefully I will visit next year's Book Fair with my wife!

Just beside Dey's book stall, I saw the great bengali writer Mani Shankar Mukherjee sitting there in the open air and signing his books for his fans. I went up to him and told my friend to click my picture with him. Just then I saw a Facebook friend of mine for the first time in the real world. She instantly smiled at me and I also involuntarily smiled back. She was there with her group of friends and I was there with my group. Though we did not talk to each other but our smiles meant a lot to each other. 

Around late evening I met my good old friend Durga Shankar Roy. Durga da is a lovely human being. He is also an amazing poet. I really love his poems. I respect him a lot because he is not a sell-out and has not scratched anyone's balls to get ahead in life. Every year on the last day of the Book Fair, he comes wearing a brand new white panjabi. He carries sketch pens with him. He makes his friends write some lines on his white panjabi and sign their names. The lines could be anything from political comments to poetry lines. He has been doing this for almost the last ten years. This year I again wrote on his panjabi. I wrote the following four lines from my own poem:


Aaj Raatey Ki Tumi Tomar Swamir Songi?
Nogno Bichhanay Ki Tumi Lojjaboti Lota?
Jehaad Dakchhey Shorir Je Amar Jongi;
Tobu Chokh Bujey Ki Bhabchho Aamari Kotha?



At exactly 9 p.m. the famous gong reverberated nine times throughout the Book Fair ground. Everybody present inside the Milan Mela Prangan started clapping instantaneously. It was an awesome audio-visual spectacle. This thunderous clapping signals the end of the Book Fair and the wait begins for next year. I left the ground at around 9:45 p.m. and came back home...

Good Night,
With Love, Kisses, Moonbeams and Rainbows,
Raj Gaurav Debnath






---

No comments:

Post a Comment