8 February 2018

Padman

---

The first girl in my life who frankly talked to me about periods was my first girlfriend in the year 2001. We were both in Class XI then. In those days we did not have mobile phones and we used to chat for hours on our landline phones. She used to tell me every time she had her periods. I used to be extra-caring and extra-loving during those 4/5 days. Sometimes she used to have tremendous menstrual cramps. I used to feel really sorry for her. I wish I knew a way to make her pain go away. I used to feel really helpless during those 4/5 days. I wish I knew some magic to free her from the pain of her menstrual cramps. Whenever we used to meet during her periods, I used to give her chocolates to cheer up her mood. Seventeen years have passed. Now she is married to someone else and has become the mother of a cute little boy. I wish her a very happy married life. 

I usually do not follow Facebook trends. But this latest 'Padman' trend has really touched my heart. Therefore today for the first time in my life I bought a packet of Stayfree for Rs. 28. I entered a medicine shop and asked for pads. The shopkeeper looked at me and paused for a moment. Then he hurriedly bought a packet of Stayfree and quickly put it inside a black plastic bag and gave it to me. I do not understand why these pads are put inside black plastic packets. Is it a crime or sin to buy sanitary napkins? 

Anyways I came back home, opened the packet and clicked some selfies with a pad. Tomorrow 'Padman' is releasing in theatres. I would request everybody to go and watch this film only in cinema halls. Salute to R. Balki for making a film on such an unique subject. We all must support this kind of cinema. Thank You...


















---

No comments:

Post a Comment